Friday, March 11, 2011

I'm A Slacker

It's hard keeping up with a blog and keeping up with a newborn. Lincoln's proven to be even more difficult this week than last. Now he keeps me up all night, sometimes not letting me get any sleep until 9AM! Needless to say, I've been very cranky this week! I've resorted to sleeping on the couch some nights and putting Lincoln in his Mamaroo swing (I highly recommend this swing!) just to prevent Andrew from hearing him cry! But tonight starts the weekend, so I will sleep in bed and let Andrew take care of him! I say this to try to sound mean to Andrew, but he is great and gladly helps out on weekends since he knows that I've been taking care of our insatiable child all week.

Seriously, our kid eats ALL night long! Yet he will go for hours during the day without eating at all. My friend Michelle suggested that I wake him up every 2-3 hours to feed him during the day and then let him sleep at night without waking him to see if that will help him get back on schedule. But waking him up is easier said than done. I might have to resort to torturing him just to get him to open up an eye. I tried giving him a bath today to wake him, but the little stinker started dozing in the bathtub! I think he was sent to me to test my patience as well as my ability to function on as little sleep as possible!

I tried approaching last night with a different attitude than I'd had the nights previous. I read that if you went into each night knowing that it's normal for your baby to wake you up several times, then you wouldn't feel so frustrated because you would understand that they need to eat, as well as be cuddled and nurtured. I think that advice worked...at least it did last night. Instead of getting frustrated that Lincoln would cry every time I put him down, I just looked at it as an opportunity to cuddle with him more. For all of my friends who are pregnant or want to have a baby in the near future, don't be fooled by the doctors saying your baby will eat every 2-3 hours. Unfortunately, cluster feeding at night is very common. Instead of being mad at your children for keeping you awake, get mad at the doctors who made you think you were going to get some sleep! For more info about nursing, I found a great website: KellyMom

Here is what's been happening when I haven't been trying to get some sleep:

I think he loves his mommy too!
Duke and Duchess are so overprotective of Lincoln!
Al Bundy in the making!



Homemade closet organizers...not bad for my first craft project!
The Cricut machine has come in handy! I can personalize everything!

Pat A Cake and This Little Piggy for the hand and foot prints!
Ikea Frame and the "L" that Terry spray painted for me to go over the crib.
Initials and frame on top of Lincoln's dresser.



1 comment:

  1. I see that the crafty talent doesn't fall far from the tree. You have been busy. I am counting down the days until I see that cutie.

    ReplyDelete