Thursday, December 8, 2011

Furniture Obsession

We've lived in our house for 3.5 years and I still have several rooms that are unfinished. Given our circumstances for a majority of that time, its to be expected. But every year when the holidays approach and Christmas parties are planned at my home, I become increasingly aware of just how bare some those rooms are.

Some rooms are going to take a lot of work money to finish since I need to buy furniture, so my goal is to tackle some smaller pieces since our next big purchases will be a riding lawn mower and fence (we're working on Andrew's major purchase list in the immediate future). 

The easiest room to complete would be the entryway. I already have a beautiful Pottery Barn mirror and a canvas that has our family picture from an earlier photo session with Josh Craig. But the piece that I need to complete the entryway is a table. I'm dying to complete some Pinterest and Etsy crafts for Christmas so I can decorate an entryway table.

But as I've found out, a small piece of furniture can carry a hefty price tag. My hope has been to find a diamond in the rough on Craigslist and refinish it to make it look like some of these beauties:

Can you tell that I'm obsessed with demilune tables? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment