Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Well that was a long hiatus...

I'm ashamed of myself.

After blogging everyday about Lincoln's progress in NICU on the CaringBridge site, I thought blogging about his milestones and our lives on a daily basis would be a piece of cake! WRONG! My last blog was almost 8 months ago! Time is flying and it's quickly approaching Lincoln's 1st birthday!

So why start now? Well, I was at Junior League meeting last night, and someone said that I should do a blog because I'm great at finding discounts and doing crafts. And I realized that she was right! And its easier because I already have a blog. So now I'm making an early New Year's resolution to blog every day. And not just blog about our family, but blog about DIY projects and money-saving tips. And maybe I'll get around to executing one of my pins off of Pinterest and be able to post that accomplishment here!

It's perfect timing. My job is ending before Christmas, so I'll some free time I wouldn't normally have. Maybe this blog will help me figure out what I'm meant to do with my life?

While I'm left pondering my future, here's a quick recap of the past 8 months:

  • Lincoln is truly a miracle! At his last doctor's appointment, Lincoln weighed 17lbs and was 26 3/4in long. The best thing is that you can't even tell he was a preemie! He is very social (he loves the ladies!) and he's sitting, crawling and pulling himself up. He currently has five teeth and he occasionally uses those chompers to aid him in pulling himself up onto the couch (or an innocent bystander). I'm currently trying to plan his birthday party, which is going to be based on the book "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" by Eric Carle. 
  • Andrew is working from Raleigh permanently as of Halloween day! I'm very excited to have him around on a daily basis, although it has taken some adjusting!
  • I'm working a contract job in addition to my full time job updating Facebook fan pages. Hopefully it will allow me to stay home with Lincoln permanently if I'm not able to find other employment after my full time position ends.
  • Andrew and I have started another New Year's resolution early...we are currently in the middle of a Body by Vi 90-Day Challenge. Combined we have both lost almost 14lbs and we are only on Day 6! I'm very excited to see the results at the end of the challenge. If you are interested in getting more information and joining the challenge with us, please let me know!
That pretty much sums up our lives at the current time. Tonight we'll be finally putting decorations on our Christmas tree and wrapping presents that have been coming in from online orders I made Thanksgiving Day (more on that later!) So once the presents are wrapped, I'll post a picture of the Christmas decor!

In the meantime, I'll leave you with a picture of sweet Lincoln that the fabulous Josh Craig took during a photo session Thanksgiving weekend:

Jingle All The Way!

This picture will be coming to a mailbox near you via your Christmas card very soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment